Anyone else feel like Spring is just a breath of fresh air? The weather gets warmer, the days start to get longer, and no one can quite get enough of being outside- except for the dreamy rainy days that call us in.
Spring makes me want to get back on track with eating well and fueling my body with good foods. Maybe you feel the same- so we've put together a little guide to get you thinking about eating seasonally. Eating seasonally is a concept that a lot of us have probably heard about but maybe aren't quite sure how to do it or what the benefits of it are. Luckily, Grant is a professional seasonal eater and has some wisdom to share in this area.
Here's 5 reasons you should consider eating with the seasons:
1. In-season produce is fresher because it doesn't have to travel as far to get to you.
2. Leaves a smaller environmental footprint.
3. Cheaper than out-of-season produce.
4. You appreciate what you're eating more when you can't just eat whatever you want when you want it.
5. As Grant says, "There's something to be said for the anticipation of eating the first peaches or sweet corn of summer or enjoying the first asparagus in the spring."
It's not always easy to eat seasonally, trust me- I'm a compulsive consumer of raspberries during all seasons, but I hope this encourages you to think about enjoying foods with the seasons and seeking out local produce. Below is a downloadable Spring Seasonal Eating Guide- now go eat yourself some strawberries and enjoy!